Fire destroyed a barn north of Grafton, Ont., on Saturday evening.
The blaze was fully involved when Alnwick Haldimand fire crews arrived at the Grills Road barn just after 6 p.m. Fire chief Allan Mann says the barn was filled with more than 700 bales of hay and straw and farm equipment.
A transport truck parked behind the barn also went up in flames.
Several nearby fire departments were called to help fight the blaze which burned well into the night. However, firefighters returned to the scene on Monday morning to tend to smoldering bales.
Damage is pegged at more than $400,000 dollars. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.