101.5 THE WOLF / 100.5 FRESH RADIO
“JOIN THE CLUB, WIN THE TUB” CONTEST
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
- THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest entry period commences at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday June 1, 2016 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to residents of the Province of Ontario, who, at the start of the Contest Period are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees, directors and officers of Roto Spa Incorporated (the “Prize Providers”), CKRU-FM, CKWF-FM (the “Radio Stations”) and Corus Entertainment Inc. (the “Contest Sponsors”), any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, or those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
Listeners may also find information about the Contest through their Facebook accounts at https://www.facebook.com/1005freshradio and https://www.facebook.com/thewolf1015 or their Twitter accounts at https://twitter.com/1005FreshRadio and https://www.twitter.com/thewolfca. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. All entrants are providing information directly to the Contest Sponsors and agree to release Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability arising in connection with the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND WIN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Listeners must be registered members of either the WOLF 101.5 “WOLF PACK” Loyal Listener Club, 100.5 FRESH Radio “Insider Club”(the “Club(s)”). To join a Club, log on to any of www.thewolf.ca, www.1005freshradio.ca (the “Website(s)”) and complete the online registration form in full. New members may also register at some participating onsite locations. All previously registered members of the Club are eligible to enter.
Once a Club member, visit the Radio Station’s on-air host Tyler Wilson at a location to be announced on-air and/or on the Radio Station’s Website, Facebook or Twitter accounts (each a, “Location”) and correctly fill out a ballot to be entered into a draw for the Grand Prize, as described below.
NOTE: only one (1) entry per person, per Location visit is permitted during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- WINNER SELECTION
On Tuesday August 2, 2016 at 8:05 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected from the pool of entries as the potential winner of the Grand Prize, as described below. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Tuesday August 2, 2016 during FRESH Mornings with Pete and Catherine on CKRU-FM and WOLF Mornings with Brian and Taylor on CKWF-FM. The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by a representative of one of the Contest Sponsors within two (2) business days of the draw by telephone and/or email, as provided by the Eligible Entrant in his/her Contest entry form. The potential Grand Prize winner found to be ineligible, declines to accept the Grand Prize or who is unable to be contacted (including failing to return phone calls or emails) within two (2) business days of the draw may be required to forfeit the Grand Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- THE GRAND PRIZE AND GRAND PRIZE VALUE
There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won. The Grand Prize consists of:
- One (1) Canadian Made Roto Spa Hot Tub from Roto Spa Hot Tubs, located at 1565 8th Line, Lakefield Ontario.
NOTE: Prize includes tub, cover and step. Pre-selected colour. Delivery not included in the prize but can be arranged at an additional cost. Grand Prize winner has six (6) months to claim prize starting on the date of Grand Prize draw.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $5200 CDN.
To give others a chance to win prizes, there shall be only one (1) winner per person awarded by the Radio Station once every thirty (30) days if the prize is valued over $200 CDN unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one (1) prize per contest every thirty (30) days.
- DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING A GRAND PRIZE
Following confirmation as the Grand Prize winner in accordance with the Contest Rules, selected entrants will be given instructions and a deadline as to how they must claim their Prize. Potential Prize winners, who fail either to claim their Prize or to inform the Contest Sponsors their inability to claim their Grand Prize before the deadline, as instructed, may be required to forfeit their Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- GRAND PRIZE CONDITIONS
- The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all additional expenses associated with the Grand Prize not set out in Section 5, including but not limited to, delivery charges, installation of concrete base and required electrical outlets if applicable (average cost is $3000 CDN), any incidental or additional work, additional labour services, additional materials and/or installation costs beyond the value of what us included as decided by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, any permits, licenses or other authorizations required, including any of their associated costs, taxes, accessories or items of a personal nature (the “Expenses”). All Grand Prize elements are subject to availability and substitution. The Grand Prize winner shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Contest Sponsors.
- The Releasees, as defined below, are not responsible for any costs or fees associated with any hidden or unforeseen work required or recommended that is discovered in the redemption of the Grand Prize or portions thereof (the “Hidden or Unforeseen Work”). The choice of whether or not to proceed and incur all of some the costs associated with any such Hidden or Unforeseen Work is the Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for any and all costs or expenses arising out of or in relation to Hidden or Unforeseen Work that are not otherwise covered by value of the Grand Prize.
- None of the Radio Station, Corus Entertainment Inc., the Affiliates, their respective subsidiaries, nor their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors or assigns shall have any liability in connection with the fulfillment of the Grand Prize, in whole or in part. The Grand Prize winner must arrange and coordinate the fulfillment of the Grand Prize with the applicable retailer and service provider directly and in all respects.
- ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of the Contest Sponsors makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Grand Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. The Grand Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he/she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors or Prize Providers should a Grand Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to a Grand Prize winner.
- DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded a Grand Prize, each selected entrant must:
(a) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question, and
(b) sign a standard form Declaration and Release of Liability (the “Release Forms”) confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of a Grand Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning a Grand Prize; and
- that he or she releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless Facebook Inc., Twitter, Inc., the Prize Providers, the Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, licensors and agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a Grand Prize, or in connection with participation in this Contest or a Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting a Grand Prize, whether suffered by a Grand Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
Release Forms will be emailed to the potential Grand Prize winner at the email address provided at the time of entry. The Grand Prize will only be awarded upon (a) verification of the answer to the skill-testing question and (b) return of the fully executed Release Forms to the email or fax number provided to the Grand Prize winner. Failure to return a signed Release Form as instructed by the Contest Sponsors will result in disqualification.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION
Grand Prizes and prize portions are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify a Grand Prize, or prize portions, with a Grand Prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Should a Grand Prize winner be unable to claim the Grand Prize or prize portions as awarded, his/her rights to that Grand Prize or prize portions may be forfeited, to be determined in Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate and/or modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors. The Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply a Grand Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorists acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, performers’ illness, injury or death, or any other cause beyond the Releasees’ sole control.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
Subject to the terms contained in Section 15 below, all entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world, in all media, in perpetuity, by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. The Grand Prize winner further agrees that their audio reactions may be used for on-air promotional purposes. Entrants understand and acknowledge that the Radio Station may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or Prizes. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of the Grand Prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or Grand Prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These Contest Rules are available online at the Website and the Radio Station studios, located at 151 King Street, Peterborough, Ontario.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
© Corus Entertainment Inc., 2016.