The Wolf could send you to the Toronto International Boat Show (January 20th to 29th) at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place, Toronto) VIP style with tickets, spending money and overnight stay in Toronto.
Wolf Pack members can enter below to win the Grand Prize that includes an overnight stay at the Westin Harbour Castle on Saturday January 28, 2017, two tickets to the show (to use from January 21-29, 2017) and a $100 Boat Show shopping spree.
Not a Wolf Pack member, sign up here. It’s free.
Grand Prize draw is on Monday January 16, 2017 at approximately 8:10 a.m. during WOLF Mornings.
To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE.
Canadian Boat Shows is pleased to welcome you back to North America’s largest indoor boat show – the preeminent selling venue for Canada’s recreational boating industry, and the premiere showcase for new 2017 product!
• Everything you need for SUMMER is at the 59th annual Toronto International Boat Show, returning with NEW later dates, January 20th – 29th at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place!
• The Toronto Boat Show is bringing a boatload of fun to visitors this year:
o NEW Crazy Canucks Waterski Show and We are…CANADIAN Winter Wakefest Wakeboard Show – celebrating 150 years of Canadian summers
o NEW remote controlled boat races and pedal board demos, boat rides, wakeboarding, kayaking and hands-on boating activities on the world’s largest indoor Lake
o Watch the LIVE stream of the Vendee Globe Race – considered the ‘Formula One’ of yacht racing. Watch the race, try on racing gear and experience sailing one the world’s fastest yachts through virtual reality
o More than 200 free seminars, DIY demonstrations, hands-on skills training as well as a New Boater Welcome Centre for tips on how to buy your first boat and options to make boating affordable!
o Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel is back by popular demand! You have to see it to believe it! Twiggy is a real squirrel and natural entertainer who packed every seat in her shows last year – PLUS, she’s an advocate for water safety, always performing with a lifejacket.
o All FREE with admission!
• Ahoy! Guess who’s cruising into town? 40 years later, many of us still remember TV’s hit series, The Love Boat. Come to the Boat Show to meet “Isaac The Bartender” played by Ted Lange, for a special appearance on opening weekend, Jan. 20 – 22.
• NEW Year, NEW boats, NEW products! The Toronto Boat Show is a one-stop shop to see and buy all the latest boats, innovations and new products to hit the market – get a jumpstart on what will be trending this summer at the cottage and on the waterways! More new products launched than anywhere in Canada
• Preview Day returns to the Toronto Boat Show on Friday, January 20th! (2pm – 8pm)
Help the Toronto Boat Show near its goal to raise $1 million for children’s charities. Preview Day offers visitors the opportunity to get a “first look” at the Show without the crowds and enjoy the VIP experience. Tickets available now at TorontoBoatShow.com
• About 44% of Canadians (15 million people) participate in boating
• Canadians own more than 4.3 million boats
• The Toronto Boat Show is the largest it is the largest indoor boat show in North America, and generates more than $354 million in economic impact to the region
• The Toronto Boat Show takes over a million square feet of the Enercare Centre, packed with more than
550 boating exhibitors, 200 free seminars and the world’s largest indoor lake.
• Surveys show that people who have never boated or own a boat overestimate the cost of boating by 30 per cent above actual costs – a common misconception that boating is an expensive lifestyle.
What famous pop icon made a cameo appearance in 1985 as a love interest for “Isaac the Bartender” on
The Love Boat? Hint: She hails from a famous music family. (Janet Jackson)
What famous Canadian actor made his cameo as a bratty teenage passenger on The Love Boat?
Hint: He also played a bratty teenager on the series, Family Ties. (Michael J. Fox)
In the Vendee Globe Race (considered the ‘Formula One’ of yacht racing) how many nautical miles does it take to cross the finish line, sailing solo and non-stop around the world?
The race route is approximately 22,000 nautical miles, equivalent to nearly 41,000 km
2012-2013 Vendee Globe winner Francois Gabart set the fastest record for completing the race in how many days?
78 days, 2 hours, and 16 minutes
How many gallons does it take to fill the world’s largest indoor lake at the Toronto Boat Show?
It takes approximately one million gallons of water to transform Ricoh Coliseum into The Lake — it’s truly and engineering marvel. Check out the time-lapsed building of The Lake: http://bit.ly/19Vsm0Q
Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel made a cameo in what movie starring Will Ferrell as the character “Ron Burgundy”?
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Good Luck – Ever wonder why “pirates” on TV are portrayed with earrings & tattoos? These body modifications are said to ward off evil spirits at sea.
Bad Luck – Whistling: Mariners have long held the belief that whistling or singing into the wind will “whistle up a storm.”
The Boat Owners Association of the United States (BoatUS) releases the Top Boat Names each year. Which name topped the list for most popular in 2016?
c) Happy Ours
“Happy Ours” was the most popular boat name in 2016; however, one of the most popular names of all time is “Serenity,” which held the top spot seven times since 1993.
ABOUT THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW
WHEN: January 20 – 29, 2017
Preview Day (Friday, January 20, 2pm to 8pm)
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 11am to 8pm (January 23 – 27)
Saturdays, 10am to 7pm (January 21 & 28)
Sundays, 10am to 6pm (January 22 & 29)
WHERE: Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place, 100 Princes’ Blvd. Toronto, ON
TICKETS: NEW! $45 Nine-Day Event Pass (excludes Preview Day)
Preview Day: $100 Platinum ticket, $35 Gold Ticket
$20 General Admission (17 – 64 yrs.)
$17 Seniors (65 yrs. & better)
$20 Unlimited Weekday Evening Pass (4pm – 8pm)
$25 Two-day Adult Pass (17 – 64 yrs.)
$20 Two-day Senior Pass (65 yrs. & better)
FREE KIDS 16 years & under