The man who brought us Playboy magazine…and in the process created one of the world’s most recognizable brands has died. Hugh Hefner died last night of natural causes at his home, the Playboy Mansion at the age of 91.
Some little known facts Hugh Hefner…
- The first issue of Playboy had no date in case there wasn’t a second issue.
- He was a big supporter of Viagra.
- He was an avid film buff, he screened new and classic movies at the Playboy mansion every week.
- He holds two Guinness World Records for the longest career as an editor-in-chief for the same magazine (over 60 years) and for the largest collection of personal scrapbooks, 2,643.
- His girlfriends had a 9pm curfew every night except when they went out partying with hefner
- Hugh employed 12 full time chefs at the playboy mansion
- Though he has dozens of girlfriends, Hugh’s been married to three different women, and has four children between them.
- He ate a bowl of Lipton chicken-noodle soup nearly every day.
- His girlfriends were each paid an allowance of $1,000 a week.
Hugh Hefner also had a rotating bed.
No rotating bed here…but still a very cool interview