101.5 THE WOLF® “BRIBE OR RIDE 25” CONTEST RULES
THE “BRIBE OR RIDE 25” CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Ontario;
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
(c) have a valid driver’s license; and
(d) be able to accept the Prize as awarded.
Employees of 591989 B.C. Ltd. operating CKWF-FM (the “Station”) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (together with the Station, the “Corus”), : 2301948 Ontario Ltd., DBA Peterborough Mitsubishi, 20 VIC (Lansdowne Place Inc.), Action Car and Truck Accessories, BMS Sanitation & Safety (121817076RT), Dunfords of Havelock 1088518 Ont. Ltd., JL Service Specialist Inc. O/A Jiffy Lube, Krown Rust Control, Peterborough Axe Club, Rocky Ridge Drinking Water Limited, Townshend Financial Solutions, Live Nation Canada Inc., Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, Casino Rama, Tribute Communities Centre, Academy Theatre and their affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively and together with Corus, the “Sponsors”), advertising and promotional agencies, and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at approximately 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 5, 2017 and ends at approximately 6:00 p.m. ET on November 2, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) Listen to the Station Monday to Friday during the Contest Period at approximately 7:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. ET (except on statutory holidays) for a produced ‘cue-to-call’ to be played (each, a “Cue to Call”). Upon hearing the Cue to Call, listeners will be invited to call 705-740-9653 (the “Contest Line”). A random numbered caller, as chosen by the on-air announcer, who gets through to the Contest Line will be offered the opportunity to attend the Event (defined below) for a chance to win the Grand Prize (a “Qualifier”) OR accept a Secondary Prize (subject to these Contest Rules), as described below, in lieu of a chance to win the Grand Prize. The on-air announcer at his/her own discretion may upgrade the Secondary Prize with a higher dollar value option to entice the caller to select a Secondary Prize. Once a caller accepts either option they are no longer eligible for any future Cues to Call for the duration of the Contest.
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per household during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
(d) Streaming listeners may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on the device on which you are listening and the speed of the internet connection. Sponsors recommend turning on a radio to the Station for the Cue to Call. Sponsors assume no liability for entrants not making timely phone calls to the Station due to delays in the streamed signal.
(e) If the telephone connection between the Station announcer and an entrant is not clear, such that the announcer and/or entrant cannot hear each other or the entrant is disconnected, that entrant may, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified and the Releasees (defined below) will not be liable in any way.
(a) Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of:
(i) One (1) 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage ES which includes the following features:
1. Five (5)-speed manual transmission;
2. Pearl white colour; and
3. Black interior fabric.
(b) The Grand Prize has an approximate value of Fifteen Thousand Two Hundred and Ninety-Eight Canadian dollars (CDN$15,298.00) including freight, pre-delivery inspection, and taxes.
(c) Secondary Prizes. There are at least four hundred and forty-five (445) secondary prizes (each, a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won by the Secondary Prize winners (the “Secondary Prize Winners”). Each Secondary Prize will have an approximate retail value between One Canadian dollar (CDN$1.00) and One Thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$1,000.00), and shall be announced and described during the Station’s programming, on the Station’s Facebook or Twitter accounts, and/or www.thewolf.ca (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period. Examples of the Secondary Prizes that are available include:
(i) Two Hundred and Fifteen (215) Wolf 25th Anniversary Edition T-Shirts valued at approximately Ten Canadian dollars (CDN$10.00);
(ii) One Hundred and Forty (140) gift cards valued at Twenty-Five Canadian Dollars (CDN$25.00) each to Lansdowne Place located at 645 Lansdowne St, Peterborough, ON;
(iii) Ten (10) gift certificates valued at Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) each to Action Car & Truck located at 16 Lansdowne St, Peterborough, ON;
(iv) Ten (10) gift certificates valued at Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) each to BMS Sanitation located at 655 The Queensway #16, Peterborough, ON;
(v) Ten (10) gift certificates valued at Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50) each to Dunfords of Havelock located at 9323 County Rd 30, Havelock, ON;
(vi) Five (5) gift cards valued at One Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$100.00) each to Jiffy Lube located at 646 Reid Street, Peterborough, ON;
(vii) Ten (10) gift certificates valued at Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) each to Krown Rust Control located at 107 Aylmer St N, Peterborough, ON;
(viii) Ten (10) two-person walk-in passes including two non-alcoholic beverages valued at Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) each to Peterborough Axe Club located at 200 Perry Street #1, Peterborough, ON;
(ix) Ten (10) gift certificates valued at Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) each to Rocky Ridge located at 100 Rubidge St, Peterborough, ON;
(x) Five (5) gift certificates towards tax preparation of unlimited slips valued at One Hundred and Eighty dollars (CDN$180.00) each for Townshend Financial Services located at 6180 Hwy 7, Havelock, ON;
(xi) Five (5) pairs of concert tickets (each pair valued at approximately CDN $150.00) to Foreigner on November 13, 2107 at the Tribute Communities Centre, located at 99 Athol St E, Oshawa, ON; and
(xii) Five (5) pairs of concert tickets (each pair valued at approximately CDN $170.00) to Steve Earle on September 18, 2107 at the Academy Theatre, located at 2 Lindsay St S, Lindsay, ON.
NOTE: A maximum of twenty (20) Secondary Prizes will be awarded per person.
(d) Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes are hereafter collectively referred to as “Prize” or “Prizes”. Grand Prize Winner and Secondary Prize Winners are hereafter collectively referred to as a “Winner” or “Winners”.
(e) Winners not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(f) The Sponsors and/or the Sponsors’ representatives will contact the Winners to coordinate the provision of the Prizes within five (5) business days once such Winners have been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Grand Prize Winner may claim the Grand Prize at Peterborough Mitsubishi located at 2071 Lansdowne St, Cavan Monaghan, ON, within one (1) month of being declared a Grand Prize Winner. Secondary Prize Winners may claim their Secondary Prizes at Station’s studios located at 151 King Street, Peterborough, ON, with thirty (30) days of winning a Secondary Prize. Secondary Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) days will be forfeited and another winner may be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
(a) The terms by which the gift cards/gift certificates/tickets may be redeemed are governed by the individual retailer or service provider. Corus is not responsible for administering or ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions relating to the gift cards/gift certificates/tickets.
(b) Secondary Prize Winners will be responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not explicitly included in the Secondary Prizes. The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all incidental cost and expenses not explicitly included in the Grand Prize, including but not limited to insurance, extended warranty, maintenance fees, additional accessories, and fuel costs.
(c) The Grand Prize will not be released unless the Grand Prize winner first shows proof of having: (a) a valid driver’s licence in the province or territory in which he/she reside; (b) satisfactory insurance; and (c) license plates. Failure to provide proof of the foregoing may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion.
(d) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Sponsors shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(e) The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) All Qualifiers will be invited to the Grand Prize draw event scheduled to take place on November 4, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. ET at Lansdowne Place located at 645 Lansdowne Street (the “Event”). All Qualifiers must be in attendance to qualify to win the Grand Prize or select someone to attend in their place (a “Proxy”). To be entitled to use a Proxy, Qualifiers must contact the Station Promotions Department in person prior to November 3, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. ET to register a designate. All Qualifiers or Proxies must register at the Event by 11:45 a.m. ET. Valid photo identification will be required to register. At registration, Qualifiers will be asked to draw a random number that will determine the order in which each Qualifier will have the opportunity to play the “Start that Car” game as follows. Each Qualifier will be called up by the number he/she drew to select a numbered key on a projection screen. The Qualifier who selects the number of the key that yields the “You’re Going For a Ride” or a similar message will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner.
(b) Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in person at the Station, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(c) The odds of being selected as a potential Secondary Prize Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entrant who select a Secondary Prize during a Cue to Call. The odds of being selected as a potential Grand Prize Winner depend on the total number of Qualifier and Proxies in attendance at the Event.
(d) Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(e) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
7. RELEASE. Winners will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winners’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors, Facebook and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winners’ name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within five (5) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available at the Station’s studios, located at 151 King Street, Peterborough, ON throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Corus property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number and e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
15. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Corus and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.